Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tournament Update #1

Welcome to the official blog for the Cards Against Cancer Magic: The Gathering tournament. My name is Jeremie DeWitt. I am raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for a 5K that I am participating in that is in October. I have decided that the best way to get fundraising is to do something that I really enjoy - play cards. I discussed things with my local comic shop Arkham Asylum in Norwich, CT and have gotten their sponsorship for this event. There will be more details that will be discussed before the event but here is what I can tell you:

*The event will be held at Arkham Asylum in Norwich, CT on Saturday, September 8th, 2012. The registration and start times are tentative and will be solidified as the event gets closer.

 *The format for the tournament will be Standard. When this tournament takes place, the following sets will be legal:
-Scars of Mirroden
-Mirodin Besieged
-New Phyrexia
-M12
-Innistrad
-Dark Ascension
-Avacyn Restored
-M13

*Prizes will consist of packs of M13 as well as other items that have been donated (gift cards, Magic singles and others to be detailed later)

*There will be food available at this event. I have my eyes on getting pizza as well as having fellow Arkham Inmates cook bake goods as well. The food and baked goods will be available for a certain price that will be determined as the event gets closer. The proceeds from this will also be going to the LLS.

Once we get into the summer months, I will have a lot more information to reveal to people. I do hope to get a good turnout. This will be a fantastic event. Come be a part of something huge that I hope to continue again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment